Wednesday 3 July 2013

Craft night!

Hey there gang! A little bit of a different blog for you this week - still making stuff - but not of the edible variety!

I know that heaps of you who read my blog also love arty, crafty things so I knew you'd love to hear about the fun night I had making stamps, cards and envelopes at 'Make it Monday' - the super new craft night, at By the Yard in Cheltenham.

I don't know about you, but I love browsing little independent shops and handmade goods on Etsy, Folksy, Craft fairs and shops.   So when I came across a brand new shop from a follower on Twitter, you could say I jumped up and down with joy (just a little bit!).  So, I set off to find this new little independent shop, By the Yard, Cheltenham - and let me tell you, it was like finding an Aladins cave of goodies!  My senses were totally overcome!



I met Bex and Elle, the lovely ladies who run this incredibly creative 'establishment' and have bought their vision to Cheltenham.  Along with the amazing shop - which you must, must, must go and visit - they hold these cool, unique, craft nights called Make it Monday.  So on Monday night, I took my friend Georgina along to the first Make it Monday night where we met a bunch of other lovely ladies.  With the expert instruction and supervision from Bex, we designed and made our own stamps, crafted our own envelopes and made some lovely cards and art!  (Mine was food related, so predictably, I opted for ice creams in my design ... )

I'd seriously had not had this much fun.. (and a lovely relaxing time too I might add) in ages.



I've already bought a lovely unique handmade necklace from By the Yard and I have my eye on some other handmade jewellery, cards, prints and things they stock form independent makers from around the country.

If you like things like this, you'll love the shop - so pop along //  By the Yard, St James Sreet, GL50 1DX Cheltenham, Gloucestershire - (can be found by walking through Cafe Moochoo on the high street or just around the back of The Vine on the corner.)

Follow them on Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/bytheyardcheltenham or Twitter here https://twitter.com/btycheltenham > Or see the schedule for future Make it Monday's right here https://www.facebook.com/MakeItMonday

No comments:

Post a Comment