Friday 19 April 2013

I've been browser window shopping.... Kitchen Crushes

Ok, I admit it . I've been on Browser Window shopping expedition.  And discovered these beauties!

I've been cooking up leftovers these past few days and really not been too inspired at all.  I did cook up a delicious ratatouille this evening though from a bunch of courgettes, red onions, peppers (that were going a bit soft) and some leeks (Mmm leeks, I'm really into leaks at the moment, stick them in anything and they make it so sweet tasting!)  And a tin of tomatoes and some tomato paste.  A slosh of balsamic and some cheese on top - and it was like melting veg heaven. (Sorry I didn't take a photo, I was too hungry and by the time I thought about it, it was all gone - yum yum.)

A ::  I LOVE this so much.  I've wanted to try a coffee pot for some time, but not sure how to use one - any tips?  I love coffee and I love aquamarine.  So this is just too damn perfect.  It's from Anthropologie online (not discovered Anthrophologie yet? Oh my, you really must, it's one of those amazing shops from America that haven't come over to the UK yet.   I discovered it in New York two years ago and I bought this really cute sweater there which has a pocket (like a kangaroo) on the front that you can keep you hands warm in.  I'm wearing it now actually... I LIVE in this sweater. One of those buys where you totally get your money's worth.

B ::  One of my favourite cookbooks is Yotam Ottolenghi's 'Plenty', and I have yet to get his new book Jerusalem.  I'm in need of some new cooking inspiration so think this will do the trick.  Jerusalem is written by the fabulous Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi and Published by Ebury Press.  On the Amazon page you can view pages of the book too!  Really tasty looking food!

C ::  I love this book - Phaidon books just do the coolest covers, don't they?  And this one's all about recipes with eggs.  I love eggs;  Full of Chromium (which gives you lots of get-up-and-go energy and iron too).  I eat scrambled eggs with spinach wilted through for brekkie every morning which really sustains me all morning until lunch.)  How to Boil an Egg is by Rose Bakery and published by Phaidon.

D :: KitchenAid does it again.  My favourite colour and my favourite mixer!  I've had my Artisan KitchenAid mixer for 3 years now and it just makes everything you put in it so fluffy; from cakes, to mash potato to egg whites.  Mine's not this colour, but I wish it was! They've just bought out a new range with heaps of other cool gadgets.  Take a look.

Right, must close the browser window now before anything else catches my eye!  Have a great weekend and I'll see you bright and early for more lovely food and kitchen inspiration on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment